Roaches in NE Oklahoma & SE Kansas
Home of the Roach Reaper –We specialize in terminating German Cockroaches!
To evaluate the scope and severity of your infestation, we will ask you the following questions:
- Which rooms have the most activity?
- When are the roaches most active?
- How many roaches have you seen, and how big are they?
The answers to these three simple questions will indicate the stage of infestation, which allows us to determine the appropriate treatment level to use.
The APS Roach Reaper Program is an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) regimen that employs both chemical and non-chemical applications. These treatments compliment one another perfectly to terminate roaches.
Amazing Facts about Roaches
- German Roaches are known carriers for diseases like salmonella.
- German Roaches are cannibalistic omnivores who will consume anything including each other and other roaches’ waste products. They also eat random substances like toothpaste, soap, or wallpaper glue.
- Cutting off a roach’s head will not kill it right away. In fact, it may live for another week, and it only dies because it has no mouth for eating and drinking.
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes, making them hard to kill by drowning or smothering.
- A cockroach can run at speeds up to 3 miles per hour.
- At just one day old, a newborn cockroach runs almost as fast as an adult roach, but it is no bigger than a dust speck.
- A roach cannot survive more than a week without water, but this cold-blooded insect is able to go a month without food before perishing.
- The German Cockroach egg case, which entomologists call an “ootheca”, can hold as many as 45 eggs.
Sanitation: The Key to Effective German Cockroach Control
- German Cockroaches need only small amounts of food to survive.
- Do not let trash accumulate in your home. Use smaller bags and make more frequent trips to the dumpster.
- Clean your trash receptacles regularly.
- Remove any food particles from the sink strainer, and use the garbage disposal frequently.
- Do not leave food residue on dishes or allow dirty dishes to sit unwashed for lengthy periods.
- Keep kitchen appliances including ovens, toasters, microwaves, ranges and refrigerators clean. Do not let grease or food accumulate in them.
- Do not leave any food (animal or human) out to entice pests.
- Pick up your pet’s food dishes when not in use, and clean up scattered pet food.
- Be sure to sweep or vacuum floors regularly to remove crumbs and particles.
- Keep your kitchen cabinets free of crumbs and food scraps.
- Roaches are attracted to toothpaste, so keep your toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes in sealed containers. Throw away old used toothbrushes as well.
Oklahoma & Kansas Insect Experts-Advanced Pest Solution-Contact us today to help with your pest problem.
Advanced Pest Solutions can eliminate several varieties of pests but we specialize in Roaches, Termites, Ants, Spiders, Rodents, and Fleas. Call us today to discuss how we can eliminate unwanted pests.